Board of Directors and Senior Management
Senior Management Profile
- Mr. SUGAWARA Isao
- Mr. Sugawara (aged 61) was appointed as Non-executive Director in March 2021. With effect from 28 May 2021,he has been re designated from Non executive Director to Executive Director and has been appointed as the Managing Director of the Company. He was the vice president of AEON (China) Co., Ltd. ( ACCL ””) and is now a director of Guangdong AEON Teem Co., Lt d. and AEON South China Co., Ltd., both being subsidiaries of the Company. Mr. Sugawara joined ACL in March 1981 . Since then, he was assigned to assume different positions in various business divisions of ACL. In May 2014, Mr. Sugawara was appointed the ch ief operation officer of ACCL and in March 2020, he became the vice
president of ACCL. Mr. Sugawara graduated from the Faculty of Agriculture, Akita Prefectural University.
- Mr. CHAK Kam Yuen
- Mr. Chak (aged 55) was appointed as Executive Director in March 2013 and is in charge of Corporate Compliance Division of the Company. Since joining the Company in 1987, Mr. Chak has amassed over 30 years of solid experience in retail industry, specifically in store management. Mr. Chak graduated from The Open University of Hong Kong with a master’s degree in Business Administration and Electronic Commerce.
- Mr.Takenori Nagashima
- Mr. Nagashima (aged 38) was appointed as the Administration General Manager of the Company in May 2019 and Executive Director of the Company in charge of Administration and Corporate Finance in October 2019. He joined AEON Retail Co., Ltd. in September 2004. From 2011 to 2014, he was assigned to assume different positions related to various operations in AEON Co., Ltd.. In September 2014, he was appointed as the Administration General Manager of 永旺（湖北）商業有限公司, with responsibility of establishing its supporting team, management in charge and small store development. Mr. Nagashima received his bachelor’s degree from the International Cultural Exchange School of Fudan University.
- Mr. HISANAGA Shinya
- Mr. Hisanaga, (aged 46) was appointed the General Manager of the Buying Division of the Company in March 2020 and Executive Director of the Company in charge of the Buying Division in May 2020. He joined AEON Retail Co., Ltd. in April 1997. Since then, he was assigned to assume different positions in various business divisions related to business planning and coordination in AEON Retail Co., Ltd. group companies. Before he joined the Company, he was an executive officer of Home Coordy Business Division in AEON Retail Co., Ltd.. He became a director of Sunday Co., Ltd. and AEON Bike Co., Ltd. in May 2016 and became a director of R.O.U Co., Ltd. in March 2015. Mr. Hisanaga received his bachelor’s degree in Commerce from the Hannan University.
- Mr. Isei Nakagawa
- Mr. Nakagawa, aged 52, was appointed as an Executive Director and the Managing Director of the Company from 16 May 2019. With effect from 28 May 2021, Mr.Nakagawa has been re designated from Executive Director to Non executive Director and ceased to be the Managing Director .He has also been appointed as the Chairman of the Board, the Chairman of the Nomination Committee and a member of the Remuneration Committee and the Audit Committee with effect from 28 May 2021. Before his appointment, he was the managing director of Qingdao AEON Dongtai Co., Ltd. (“QADCL”) until 21 May 2019. He joined Aeon Co., Ltd. (“Aeon Co.”) group in March 1990 and since then was assigned to assume different positions related to various operations in AEON Retail Co., Ltd. (“ARCL”). He became the chairman of Maxvalu Hokuriku Co., Ltd. in August 2010, an executive director of ARCL in March 2013, and the managing director of QADCL in February 2015. Mr. Nakagawa graduated from the Toyo University with a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration.
- Ms. HABU Yuki
- Ms. Habu, aged 51, has ceased to be the Chairman of the Board, the Chairman of the Nomination Committee and a member of the Remuneration Committee and the Audit Committee with effect from 28 May 2021.She was re-designated from Executive Director to Non-executive Director from 16 May 2019. Upon her re-designation to Non-executive Director, Ms. Habu ceased to be the Managing Director of the Company. Ms. Habu remains the Chairman of the Board from 16 May 2019. She was appointed as Non-executive Director in March 2014 and re-designated as Executive Director in May 2017. She became the Chairman of the Board in April 2015 and the Managing Director of the Company in May 2017. She is also an executive officer, chief officer of China Business of AEON Co., Ltd. (‘‘AEON Co.’’) from March 2017. She is the president of AEON (China) Co., Ltd.. She joined AEON Co. in 1991 and has been a director of AEON (China) Co., Ltd. and was the former managing director of Beijing AEON Co., Ltd.. She is also a director of Giddy Inc., a Delaware corporation doing business as Boxed from August 2018. Ms. Habu graduated from the Keio University with a bachelor’s degree in Commerce.
- Mr. Makoto Fukuda
- Mr.Fukuda , (aged 47 ) was appointed as a Non executive Director of the Company on 28 May 2021 . He is the general manager of Finance Department of AEON Co., Ltd.ACL ””)), the ultimate holding company of the Company, and a member of the Audit & Supervisory Board of AEON ENTERTAINMENT Co., Ltd a subsidiary of ACL. Mr. Fukuda joined AC L in April 2001 . Since then, he was assigned to ass ume different positions in Corporate Branding Department, Corporate Strategy Department, Corporate Secretarial Department and Finance Department of ACL. In M arch 2021 , Mr. Fukuda was appointed the general man a ger of Finance Department of ACL. Mr. Fukuda graduated from The University of Tokyo with a bachelor degree in La w and the Waseda University with a master degree in Business Administration.
Independent Non-executive Directors
- Ms. CHAN Yi Jen Candi Anna
- Ms. Chan (aged 56) was appointed as Independent Non-executive Director in May 2013. She is a practicing solicitor in Hong Kong for over 27 years and is a consultant of LCP Lawyers. Ms. Chan was respectively admitted as solicitor in Hong Kong in 1987, as solicitor in England & Wales in 1992 and as advocate and solicitor in Singapore in 1995. She is also a civil celebrant and accredited mediator. Ms. Chan graduated from the University of Hong Kong with a bachelor’s degree in Laws (LL.B.). She is currently the Deputy Chairman of Rules, Chairman of Championship Committee and Tournament Director with the Hong Kong Golf Association.
- Ms. LO Miu Sheung Betty
- Ms. Lo (aged 55) was appointed as Independent Non-executive Director in November 2013. She is a qualified solicitor in Hong Kong and has over 27 years of experience in general legal practice, with specialisation in conveyancing, commercial and probate laws. Ms. Lo has been in active practice since qualification and is currently a consultant of Messrs. K.C. Ho & Fong, Solicitors. She graduated from The University of Hong Kong with a bachelor’s degree in Laws (LL.B.) in 1985. She also holds a Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL). She is currently an independent non-executive director of Sincere Watch (Hong Kong) Limited and Kingston Financial Group Limited, the shares of which are listed on the main board of the Stock Exchange. She was an independent non-executive director of Eagle Legend Asia Limited for the period from March 2012 to December 2014, which is listed on the main board of the Stock Exchange.
- Mr. CHOW Chi Tong
- Mr. Chow (aged 58) was appointed as Independent Non-executive Director in January 2016. He is an accountant in practice as a partner of Ting Ho Kwan & Chan CPA Limited, Certified Public Accountants (Practising). Mr. Chow holds a diploma in yarn manufacturing from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University and he has over 31 years of experience in both accounting and auditing. He is a fellow member of Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants and The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
- Mr. MIZUNO Hideto
- Mr. Mizuno (aged 45) has been the Vice Chairman of Mizuno Sports Promotional Foundation, a non-profit organization, since June 2016. He was also the wholesale director of Timberland brand of VF Japan Corporation from June 2017 to February 2018. Before June 2017, Mr. Mizuno was an executive director of Mizuno Corporation, a company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. During his over ten years’ services in Mizuno Corporation, he was in charge of the Global Brand Development, New Business Development, National Accounts Sales and Nagoya Sales Branch Office. He was also the vice president of Mizuno USA in charge of Corporate Planning during the period from July 2005 to March 2009. Mr. Mizuno holds a master degree in Business Architect from the Kanazawa Institute of Technology Japan, a bachelor’s degree in Chemistry from the Carthage College USA and a bachelor’s degree in Economics from the Keio University Japan.